About Assent ComplianceThe Experts in Supply Chain Data Management
We help companies by providing transparency, traceability and real understanding of their supply chain data so they can protect their brands, remove market access barriers, and reduce operational and financial risk. Our SaaS supply chain data management solution combines advanced technology and deep expertise to give businesses a complete, centralized view of their supply chain data — essential for the most critical business decisions.
We invest continuously to ensure our supply chain data management solution evolves along with our clients’ needs. We push the limits of data quality and efficiency so our clients can do more, faster, with on-demand access to their supply chain data.
Our compliance, regulatory and supply chain data experts have deep knowledge and years of real-world experience to help clients align with industry best practices, evolving regulatory requirements, standardization and operational growth.
We help companies identify and mitigate risks by centralizing critical supply chain data collected from multiple sources. This empowers clients to make their most critical business decisions with complete confidence.
Our Mission & Vision
Leverage technology and education to collect and manage data, and promote transparency between businesses by standardizing, automating and centralizing shared information on products and business practices.
Drive transparency between businesses for shared responsible stewardship.
To work with you in the pursuit of supply chain transparency, providing world-class services, supplier support and market-leading technology to help you achieve your business goals and meet your obligations.
To Our Team
To foster an inclusive culture that both challenges and enables you, so you can define your own path to success while influencing positive change.
To provide value by growing and developing Assent Compliance through strong leadership, responsible investments and strategic activities in alignment with our core vision and values.
To Our Community
To provide empowering processes, solutions and ideas that help drive transparency and bring about a better tomorrow.
Excellence & Innovation
Striving for excellence in everything we do drives us to develop innovative, technology-focused solutions, deliver world-class customer service, grow professionally and as thought leaders — and sustain our success.
Through internal and external collaboration, we create solutions that benefit industry, deliver rich information and have a positive impact on the compliance space as a whole.
We’re committed to ethical business practices and empower our clients’ commitments to do the same by improving transparency across their organizations and supply chains.
We respect our clients and the challenges they face. We listen to their needs and deliver products and services that exceed their expectations, facilitate their most difficult tasks and help them achieve their goals.
We provide leadership among compliance companies and help clients navigate the evolving compliance landscape by sharing our knowledge and expertise, contributing to industry standards and improvements, and providing innovative solutions.
We earn and maintain our clients’ trust with strict data security policies and standards that exceed industry best practices.
- Our beginnings: Matt Whitteker, Jonathan Hughes and Rob Imbeault conceptualize the Assent Compliance Manager to revolutionize the manual compliance processes related to supply chain data collection and risk management. Over the next four years, the team develops, tests and builds out its SaaS platform.
- The creation of Assent Compliance: Assent Compliance Inc. is incorporated. The company recruits its first employees and earns its first customer. Over the next four years, the team continues to develop, test and build its product compliance software.
- A new CEO: Andrew Waitman joins as CEO with the goal of rapidly accelerating the company’s growth.
- First major financing: Assent closes its Series A financing round for 20 million Canadian dollars, led by Volition Capital, with participation from the OpenText Enterprise Application Fund, BDC Canada, the National Research Council of Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program, the Royal Bank of Canada and private investors.
- New headquarters: Assent opens the doors to its new headquarters in Ottawa, Canada.
- Series B financing: Assent closes its Series B round for 40 million Canadian dollars, led by Greenspring Associates, with participation from current investors Volition Capital, and the OpenText Enterprise Application Fund, BDC Canada, the National Research Council of Canada’s Industrial Research Assistance Program, the Royal Bank of Canada and private investors.
- A new U.S. office: Assent’s U.S. office relocates from New York to Columbus, Ohio.
- Series C financing: Assent closes its Series C round for 161 million Canadian dollars with Warburg Pincus — Canada’s largest venture capital funding deal of the year.
- A spot on the Narwhal List: The Impact Centre at the University of Toronto names Assent to its annual Narwhal List, which highlights young Canadian companies with the potential to become “unicorns” — companies valued at $1 billion or more.
- Global expansion: Assent launches two new regional hubs to expand its global footprint. These full-service offices, located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Penang, Malaysia, enhances Assent’s ability to support its global customers and suppliers.
- Marty Labelle, CPO, joins Assent: Assent brings Marty on board as Chief Product Officer. From his previous experience at a range of large tech companies, he brings deep technical knowledge and senior executive experience to our team.
- $50 million in annual recurring revenue: Assent achieves a golden milestone. ★
- Assent celebrates 600 employees: The Assent team grows to 600 global employees, who bring a wealth of experience and diversity to the company.
- Heather Frick, CMO, joins Assent: As Chief Marketing Officer, Heather brings the valuable knowledge she acquired in her previous roles, such as Vice President at Oracle.
- First female member on Board of Directors: Assent welcomes Shanti Akins, first female member of our Board of Directors.
Hundreds of employees around the world
Founded in 2010
Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada
Offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Malaysia
$161 million CAD in financing
Leading by Example:
Corporate Social Responsibility
By supporting supply chain data transparency, we help companies around the world meet their corporate social responsibility (CSR) targets. We take our own CSR commitments just as seriously, and we strive to lead by example. With that goal in mind, we signed on to the UN Global Compact (UNGC) in 2017 and created an internal CSR initiative to promote UNGC principles throughout our company. Since then, we’ve taken steps to support human rights, labor rights, environmental protection and anti-corruption efforts within our organization and across our supply chain.
Read our Corporate Social Responsibility Report to learn more.
CSR at Assent
Assent HQ opens in Ottawa, Canada.
Assent partners with the Social Responsibility Alliance to combat human trafficking and slavery in supply chains.
Assent becomes a participant of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact.
Assent receives the Employer Excellence Award from Hire Immigrants Ottawa for its commitment to inclusion.
Assent introduces product enhancements to help companies identify substances that may be harmful to people and the environment.
Assent receives $161 million USD in its Series C funding round. This investment enables Assent to enhance its product offering, helping companies gain deeper insights toward positive environmental and social impacts.
Assent publishes the first of its annual CSR reports.
Assent releases new advanced features to give companies greater transparency into their conflict minerals and cobalt supply chains.
Assent launches a solution to help companies meet their EU Waste Framework Directive requirements around the safe disposal and recycling of products.
Assent becomes one of only five software firms in North America to hold advanced status with the UN Global Compact.
Assent achieves its goal of $50 million annual recurring revenue.